At Oyster Bay Beach Resort, we strive to deliver an outstanding experience to every guest and recognize that privacy is an important issue. We value your business and, more importantly, your loyalty. The following Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you whether on this site, through written or verbal communications with us, information collected when you visit our property, or from other sources. Also, please note that this Statement does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties such as airlines, car rental companies and other service providers, companies that organize or offer packaged travel arrangements, marketing partners, or corporate customers.
Personal Information We Collect
At any point of guest interaction, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a membership or loyalty program; participation in a marketing program; information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our properties; reviews and opinions about our Brand or property; and frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation and member number; hotel, airline and rental car packages booked.
In addition we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
- On-property Collection: We may collect additional personal information during registration/check-in at our property. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our property that may capture or record images of guests, visitors in public areas and information related to your location while on our property via keycards and other technologies. In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, health clubs, spas, activities, child care services, and equipment rental.
- Event Profiles: If you plan an event with us, we collect meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name, annual budget, and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event. If you visit us as part of an event, we may share personal information about you with the event planners so they may include you as part of the event. If you are an event planner we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market event services to you.
- Timeshare: If you submit an online “pre-application” for timeshare or if you submit a reservation or information request online, we may ask you to provide your annual income range or reservation information.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Oyster Bay Beach Resort -sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. You should understand that you may be subject to the terms and conditions and any privacy policies of the social media site and that Oyster Bay Beach Resort is not responsible for your activities on social media sites.
- Employment Applications: If you choose to apply online for employment with Oyster Bay Beach Resort, we may ask you to provide prior employment information and personal information within the limits of the law.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including information from our airline, credit card, and other partners, information from social media sites consistent with your settings on such sites, such as social media sign-on programs, and from third-party sources.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request, or which are part of a program you have joined, or a purchase you have made. We also use your personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use your information to: improve our services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; ensure our site, products and services are of interest to you; process enrollments and applications; and facilitate collections. We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, other marketing communications, product or service awareness marketing. We may provide these communications online, via email, telephone, mobile/text messaging postal mail.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information among our business operations or service providers.
- Timeshare: We may share personal information with owners and operators of timeshare or fractional ownership resorts in order to provide you with services.
- Group Events or Meetings: If you visit as part of a group event or meeting, information collected for meeting and event planning may be shared with the organizers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organize or participate in the meeting or event.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share your information with our business partners to provide those products or services to you. For example, we may help to arrange rental car or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services.
- On-property Services: We may share personal information with providers of on-property services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments, or dining experiences.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, credit card transactions, reservations services; providing services in connection with our websites, including airline and rental car packages; communicating news and delivering promotional materials via email, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising. We will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Other: In addition, we may disclose personal information in order to: comply with applicable laws, respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, comply with valid legal process, protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of visitors, guests, employees or the public, respond to an emergency.
The term “sensitive information” refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site may contain links to third parties’ websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Protecting Personal Information
Oyster Bay Beach Resort will take reasonable measures to: protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: 1767 Sentry Parkway West, Building 19, Suite 315, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices – Marketing Communications
If you have given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you about our products and services or invite you to events by email, telephone, mobile/text messaging or post.
If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on our site. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site.
If you have any questions about this Statement or how we processes your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.